Sunday, November 28, 2010

What is the Difference Between a Current Account and a Savings Account

Over the years, I never fully understood what he meant when he asked for my account current. Remember, Well, if I am currently using so I believe that my checking account, but I was never rude enough to say. I have never used a savings account, because I have lived day and has never had a savings to keep it.
When I solved and got a steady job, I began to wonder about the differences between a current account and a savings account and a savings account it had to offer. Lets start with the basic differences - a savings account gives you a better rate for your savings and current account gives you more services to use with your account. Actuality not earn interest, but at a fraction of the interest savings account is, the more money will not stay long enough in a current account to collect interest. If you want to save some money each month to keep a rainy day then a savings account is the way to go. You will not have easy access to your money like a checking account, so its not so easy to use and get a good rate and grows with you in the future.

The main drawback of a savings account is the benefit that I just mentioned: with a savings account, you do not have easy access to your money than you would with your existing account. I mean you can not get a debit card to your savings account you can not withdraw money from an ATM, or you may have to give like 3 or 5 days notice withdraw funds from your savings account.

I am a Barclays current account is, in my salary is paid, but the bills, paying off debts such as credit cards and the general cost of living is never a surplus of money there for me to play the savings. Now I have paid most of the debts and can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel I started thinking a bit to save for the future. For more information on current accounts and savings accounts, you can visit the money from your bank account comparison page and find out what the different types of accounts in banks and other institutions, is to offer.